Sunday, October 9, 2011

Product Review! L'Oreal True Match Foundation


Normally, foundation is one product that I don't skimp on in my beauty budget. A flawless base is important to achieving the right look, and a lot of drugstore brand foundations have not really provided me with a smooth, blended look. Sometimes they look streaky, too thick, powdery or even like you slathered your face with chocolate milk. I won't mention any of those brands, since they aren't worth my time! Money does get tight, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go without foundation! So that's why when Kandee Johnson, my favorite beauty guru recommended L'Oreal True Match, I knew I had to give it a try. I never know how reliable advice is from some gurus because I know they get perks and sometimes even compensation for touting certain products and brands, but I always figure it's worth a shot!

I picked up a bottle of the L'Oreal True Match and tried it out for the first time on a night I was going out, so I knew it would be a true test of lasting all night. I was very impressed with the quality and consistency, given the price (about $9). It is a lightweight, super blendable liquid and I would say the coverage was pretty good for a drugstore brand. I used it in conjunction with my Benefit Erase Paste concealer, and I was happy with the coverage it gave. It definitely lasted all night, too.

I went to see my friend's band reunion concert, and I did I fun, kind of 80s inspired look. Nothing too dramatic, but it was a bit of an escape from my everyday look. I think the L'Oreal True Match gave me a healthy, dewy glow. I have continued to use it ever since I bought it, and I think I will continue to buy it for now! Anyone else have drugstore brand foundation recommendations or requests for reviews? Post them in the comments!
Me with my hunny, trying out L'Oreal True Match for the first time

2 comments:

  1. My issue with drugstore foundation is that I never know what shade to buy. Does the true match only come in 4 and it matches it to your skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 24 shades. What I do is take a bottle of my professional stuff to the store and try to match it as close as I can.

    ReplyDelete