Thursday, November 17, 2011

Product Review! Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

I have never been so in love with a product for my nails. I'm the girl who has EVERY SINGLE nail polish color imaginable. It's not really in my budget to get manicures every week, or even every month, so I usually try to do whatever I can to make my nails look nice at home. My natural nails are always a mess, and somehow I would ALWAYS mess up my polish on at least one nail before it was fully dry. 

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
I first fell in love with some of the designs available in the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips: houndstooth, glitter, leopard and zebra print, lace, etc, but I was skeptical that these strips would be worth the money. I tried out a less expensive version one time and they did not work out at all, and I ended up removing them right away. I decided to just go for it one day after hearing a good review on the Sally Hansen strips from a friend. Oh. My. Gosh. I am so addicted to these things now. I tried the first set in the beginning of August, and it has now been nearly 4 months and I have had one of the designs on my nails ever since. They are about $10 per package at regular price, but I have been lucky to find some great sales and Sally Hansen coupons to bring the price down to less than $8 sometimes at Target.

The box says that one application of the strips can last up to 10 days. Mine usually last about a week before they start to chip, which is amazing to me. I do work in a school and wash my hands a lot, and use lotion a lot, so that could have some effect on the wear time, but I still think a week is impressive for a DIY nail job. 

The application is super easy. You just match the strip to your nail size and cuticle shape and stick the sticker on. It's stretchy and forms nicely to your nail. I always cut the excess off and use the extra pieces to do my kids' nails. Some people have said you can save the extra pieces in an airtight container, but when I tried to do that, they dried up for me. So now I just do my girls' nails on the same night I do mine, so I get more for my money!

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in "Check it Out"
I get SO many compliments on them, too! People say, "Oh my gosh! How did you do your nails? I LOVE them!" The kids at the school I work at are always impressed. "Ms. Jessica I LOVE your nails!" The patterns are so fun and really fit my style and personality. I can't believe how many good things I have to say about them.

2 comments:

  1. wow asewome review dear! i love those nail polish esp the last one :D i love your blog <3

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try these how ever didn't know if they worked or not, thanks for the real review now I intend to go out and buy my first set :)

    ReplyDelete